Environmental Commission & Green Team Events
ANJEC will post announcements of events being hosted by NJ environmental commissions, green teams, open space committees and other groups that are ANJEC members.
- Tuesday, March 28th, NJ: Pipeline or Garden State? Bordentown, Free educational forum. Details click here. RSVP:email Bordentown Env. Commission.
- Saturday, April 1, Early Earth Day Project,
Volunteers Needed, Jackson Twp. 8am-11am or 11am-2pm shifts for ages 12 & up. Preparing seedlings for community distribution. Click here for full details and to RSVP.
If you'd like ANJEC to help publicize your commission event on this page, in the bi-weekly ANJEC News e-newsletter or on social media, please email ANJEC with particulars and we will post promptly.
ANJEC has created displays on a variety of topics which are available on loan for environmental commission and green team events throughout New Jersey. Click here to view a brochure with descriptions and pictures of displays. You can also download ANJEC handouts listed below for your event.
To reserve any of the following displays, email ANJEC or call 973-539-7547.
- Cut Your Carbon Footprint - Prize wheel game about reducing vehicle emissions. Includes action tips and examples of community initiatives.
- Cut Your Water Footprint -Prize wheel game about reducing water usage. Includes initiatives and programs.
- Save Energy: Take the EQ Challenge - Includes large poster that serves as game board for EQ-Challenge energy game. Also offers energy saving tips and resources on renewable energy.
- Green Infrastructure - Display board with information about rain gardens, rain barrels, pervious pavement, disconnected downspouts.
- Habitat Protection Game -This fun card game tests your habitat protection savvy. Roll the dice and learn about benefits of habitat, causes and effects of habitat loss and how to protect habitat in your town.
- Passaic River: Ours To Protect, Ours to Enjoy - Display focuses on the Passaic River and its watershed, with information about stormwater impacts and what residents can do to protect and enjoy the river.
- Stormwater: Clean Water for Your Town - Explains the environmental effects of stormwater runoff, what the State requires your town to do and what you can do.
Water conservation (US EPA)
- Clean Water for Our Town
- Green Cleaning (NJEF/Clean Water Action)
- Environmentally Friendly Lawn Care Guide
- NJ’s new Fertilizer Law
- Pet waste (NJDEP)
- Protect Our Harbor
- Stormwater: What You Can Do