Resources for Selling Energy Conservation
Handouts and informational materials
- Displays to borrow
- Borrow a portable, tabletop display from ANJEC to add impact to your
booth at local fairs and events.
- Save Energy
- Green this House
- Go Green
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Press release templates
From Summit - Daily Choices for Shrinking Your Carbon Footprint
From Hopewell Twp. - Energy Saving Tips for You and Your Family
- The Easy Energy Action Plan: 10 Simple Ways to Use Energy Wisely
- Energy Fact Sheet
- No & Low Cost Tips to Save Energy and Money
- Save Money by Slaying Energy Vampires
Programs from NJ Office of Clean Energy
- Residential Programs The New Jersey Home Performance with Energy Star program offers state-certified contractors who identify sources of wasted energy and provide a detailed plan with recommended measures, costs and payback analysis. Low-interest financing and incentives are available. Other residential programs offer appliance and equipment rebates and special assistance on energy-efficient home improvements for qualified low-income residents.
Programs New Jersey SmartStart Buildings can provide a range of free
technical and design support for new construction, renovations and upgrades,
plus financial incentives for large and small projects to offset the added
cost of qualifying energy-efficient equipment. A variety of additional
incentives are available for improving the energy-smart improvements to
existing facilities, both large and small.
" Renewable Energy Incentive Program provides rebates that reduce the upfront cost of installing renewable energy systems like solar, wind, and sustainable biomass projects. Also, owners of non-rebated solar projects can earn Solar Renewable Energy Certificates that can be sold, providing revenue for the first 15 years of the system's life.
Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency
- Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost, up to $1,500, in 2009 & 2010 (for existing homes only) for: energy efficient windows and doors, insulation, roofs, HVAC, water heaters and biomass stoves.
- Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost for existing homes & new construction, with no upper limit through 2016, for: geothermal heat pumps, solar panels, solar water heaters, small wind energy systems and fuel cells.
Energy Utility Programs
Business Direct Install Program - includes:
- A free on-site energy audit of the facility's electrical equipment;
- A proposal based on the audit, with recommended energy efficiency measures;
- Installation of energy-saving equipment, with PSE&G paying 100% of the cost upfront, while the customer re-paying only 20% of the cost on their PSE&G bill.
Loan Program - PSE&G will finance your solar system with a loan
repaid by the SRECs it generates, and will provide a floor price for those
New Jersey Natural Gas
- Save Green Program offers enhanced incentives (over and above those offered through NJ's Clean Energy Program) and 0% financing for home energy audits and recommended energy-saving improvements.
- Conserve to Preserve Dashboard offers an online tool that lets consumers to compare their home energy use to homes of similar size and track the results of their conservation efforts.
- Other information available from NJNG
US Department of Energy, Lose Your Excuse
In partnership with the Ad Council, the US Department of Energy developed this lively web site to help create a new generation of energy-conscious consumers by inviting kids to make a difference.
Savers Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
A web site devoted to making homes more comfortable and easier to heat and cool-while saving residents money. Includes information on energy-saving, efficient technologies and tip for using clean, renewable energy.
- Alliance to Save
Energy Hogs program offers energy conservation tools, tip sheets and online computer games for kids.
The materials in this kit were developed through an ANJEC partnership with the Environmental Commissions of Hopewell Township & the City of Summit, with funding from the NJ Board of Public Utilities.