Environmental Commissioners’ Handbook
Full range of community items for Environmental Commissions
The 2007 100-page fifth edition of Environmental Commissioners’ Handbook, edited by Julie Lange Groth, includes new sections on
- Energy conservation and sustainability;
- The State Plan and regional protection areas, and
- A whole new chapter on protecting the environment in developed communities;
as well as basic information on
- Comprehensive information on how successful commissions operate; /li>
- Statutory powers and responsibilities of commissions;
- Practical tools for environmental resource inventories, land use planning, open space and historic preservation, pollution control, and environmental ordinances;
- Case studies, checklists, glossary, information resources, texts of environmental commission enabling legislation and model municipal ordinance.
View Handbook’s Table of Contents 21kb)
The Handbook is available for $12.00. Order paper copy.