Each day, ANJEC’s Resource Center offers information, guidance and referrals to help environmental commissioners, officials and the public address environmental issues. Send questions via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 973-539-7547.
Recently, common queries to ANJEC’s Resource Center focused on:
- Energy conservation and sustainability;
- Environmental commission powers and management;
- Functioning of municipal government in New Jersey;
- Habitat protection and restoration;
- Land use planning and site plan review;
- Open space planning and conservation;
- Pipeline development;
- Public education and outreach;
- Reducing vehicle emissions;
- Sample ordinances;
- Septic system management;
- Solar energy system siting;
- Stormwater management;
- Sustainable Communities
- Transfer of Development Rights;
- Tree protection;
- Water quality and critical areas protection.
The Resource Center also works with ANJEC’s experienced project directors to provide information on issues related to:
- Coastal Planning
- Energy Conservation and renewable technologies
- Flood Preparation and Response
- Green Building
- Green Teams
- NJ Highlands
- Integrated pest management
- Smart Land Use
- South Jersey Bayshore
- Urban and developed communities
- Water resources
- Toxins, chemicals and pesticides
- Thousands of volumes from academic institutions, government agencies, and other non-profit organizations on a wide variety of environmental subjects;
- Information files on topics from artificial turf to municipal zoning, including environmental planning, open space planning, financing and acquisition, energy conservation, sustainable communities, water resource and wetlands protection, the urban environment, and many more;
- ANJEC handbooks, manuals, resources and periodicals, on commission operations, environmental resource inventories, open space planning, financing and acquisition, water resource protection, and local land use practice.
- Environmental/Natural Environmental Resource Inventories;
- A collection of over 1,000 municipal environmental ordinances from throughout New Jersey;
- Regional and local open space plans.
Email email@example.com or call 973-539-7547.